Objectives of the City Administrator
To provide responsible, efficient leadership for the City organization.
To serve the City Council and citizens of Ellsworth.
City Administrator Duties
Implementing and administrating the general policies and procedures of the City as outlined by the City Council;
Overseeing preparation of the City’s annual budget, Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), and Strategic Planning
Coordinating organizational development.
Rusty Varnado was appointed as the City Administrator for the City of Ellsworth June 15, 2020. He is a former United States Army Field Artillery officer and a native of West Monroe, La. Rusty holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from University of Louisiana Monroe and a Master of Arts degree from Liberty University. He is a graduate of the University of Kansas’ Certified Public Manager course and is pursuing his M.P.A. He is a lifetime member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and numerous other civic as well as professional organizations. He is married to the former Ms. Melody Weston from Hebert, La. They have three children: Jacob, Emily, and Andrew.
The City Clerk serves as the liaison between the public the city council and provides related municipal services. Some of the clerk's duties include:
- Record, edit, and distribute minutes of the city council meetings
- Prepare and maintain official reports, legal documents, financial records, and reference materials
- Keep fiscal records and accounts
- Maintain city codes and ordinances
- Respond to all licensing, permit, and public requests
- Communicate effectively with management, department heads, and the general public to keep operations running smoothly